Policy & Payment Information for Major Restorations (current 1-1-16)
Charges & Fees
- Shop labor rate is $55 USD per hour.
- Parts are charged to the customer at cost to cost plus 15%. All big purchases duplicate invoices will be enclosed. 15% is added if labor is not being charged to order parts.
- Sublet labor and services are charged to the customer at cost plus 15%.
Billing & Payment
- Billing is done on a monthly basis for all parts, labor and services rendered.
- An invoice listing all fees and costs incurred for services rendered will be mailed on the 16th of each month. Photographs will be enclosed to reflect progress and problem areas of the car and its components.
- Invoices should be paid by the 1st of the following month.
- Invoices not paid by the billing date (the 16th of the following month) will result in a work stoppage until paid. I reserve the right to refuse to work on any car that repeated problem occur with payment of invoices.
- Invoices may be paid in US fund by personal check, certified funds, wire transfers or cash.
- Missouri state sales tax of .05225% must be collected for all parts and services, as required by law, that are invoiced during the restoration unless the customer is a valid holder of a state resale license. A copy of the current license must be furnished at the beginning of the job for sales tax to be waived.
Estimates of Restoration
- It is impossible to estimate the exact cost of a restoration at the beginning of a job. A general figure, a high and low, can be given based on previous jobs that were similar. If a written estimate is required, expect them to be high enough to cover any possibilities. Restorations are performed as economical as possible without compromising the finished quality.
- I ask that each customer provide their own insurance to cover the market value of the car. I ask that proof of insurance be supplied to me. With the rising values of the cars, it is impossible for me to insure them at market value.
Roger K. Gibson